Friday 27 July 2012

Friday, July 27, 2012 Remembering the family

We went to the memory- well this morning, as Mac did the usual start...'I was just thinking of how good it is that after my lapse, my absence or your being away, that we are back together, it's wonderful -I'm so happy we're back together, it's terrific. and we have kids right?  yes - i said, do your remember them...and so he does the litany...leslie, gaye, valerie, glenna and maureen..  BUT, then he said, I remember my brother John, who came after him, Muriel?  no she is older than him, she lived in California when you were born.  That's right that's right, she married a jockey and moved away before i was born...so then there was Maimie, and then Violet, Gertie next and then Florence, but Florence died young.  Well no she died when she was in her seventies, but the others died in their seventies but before Florence...ooooh said mac, that's right...o.k. after Florence, i was born..that's me on the horse i look to be about one year old, and i'm with my brother he was how old?   He was about 18 in that picture with you you were about one year that's right.

So happy morning as he thought about his siblings and reminiced about going to Morin heights when he was just a lad, and how his uncle came to meet them with a big sledge and horses, in the winter...he and his brother would get off the train and there would be his Uncle Gordon.....how everyone used to love to visit the farm and enjoy horse riding, and the sisters would be with their cousins Geraldine, and Theresa.  I'm not sure if he hasn't got two families mixed up but he had a happy time. 

later in the day, I called his brother in law - Joey  age 90, they had a lovely chat, and he was on target, but when he got off the phone, he said how did that happen, we haven't seen Joey in many years how did he know where we live or our phone #...I explained I needed to have Gail's new phone number, Gail is Joey's daughter, lives in Fla. and was planning to visit for joey's 90th birthday, I wanted to know just when she would be arriving to set up a date.  Well it's all Greek or whatever - but he listened and said, oh well that's good.  Actually it's not, as she isn't well, and isn't coming...but we'll discuss that another time.

But evening brings different problems, and just as i was about to get on the computer to write this Blog...he came in and said, have you seen janet, do you know where she is...  I went to him and said, o.k. who am I, ok. he said you are Janet I'm confused...so I said, look you like to listen to the news with Peter Mansbridge, it's on,so you watch the news, I'll do my thing on the computer and then bring in the cat. - we'll watch the rest of the news together, o.k.  So that's the story right now...I'm off to get Mischa and watch the news, and make sure that Mac knows who I am..g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment